The news of Osama being killed has arrived and well, it’s a sigh of relief for the world – and here, I am talking about a world full of people who love justice, are against war and violence, are positive and appreciate good things in life. And yes, I also found out about another world that exist simultaneously – the world full of people who are pessimists,
who love to find faults with everything, are negative and will proudly doubt and raise fingers on anyone that’s doing good. Unfortunately, such people will also find the so-called ‘motives’ or ‘reasons’ behind every good deed someone has done.
Well, sad but true. After all, God has created everyone and each individual is different. I have, for so many years, tried to always be compassionate to those who have this negative outlook, to those who are always on the hunt for finding the ‘real motives’ behind a good deed. But it does hurt me to sometimes encounter such people and such negativity around all the time. If you are one of those too then there are ways to combat it and if you are the one with the negative thinking most of the time, then there are ways to change that too which I might take up in my upcoming posts. Though I would like to maintain that you should definitely be cautious of the world around you, but not be fearful and don’t live in a pessimistic world.
Ways to shed negativity :
- Awareness: Be aware of this fact that this world is full of all kinds of people. Stay positive and don’t let such things bother you.
- Patience. Try and be patient about such people and understand that that’s how they are and have been for years. It’s said that you cannot change anyone, but you can definitely change your own reactions towards someone/ something.
- Stay Put: You know that you are a positive soul and that’s what you will always be. So just stay focused on that. Agreed that there will be times when you get disheartened and hurt, at that point of time, realize your own potential. Be strong and kind enough to know the positive from negative and move on with your life. Don’t let any negative person or situation change your positive outlook.
- Surround yourself with Positivity: In terms of people. Make sure you surround yourself with people who are positive and like you. There will be all kinds of people who you will meet every day but try to distance yourself from the ones who don’t give you good vibes or make you feel dejected.
- Go by your Gut: There’s something called sixth sense. Realize its potential in your life. It’s also known as inner voice. Do pay heed to it when your inner voice talks to you. When there’s a deep gut feeling that tells you something is wrong/right. It, in most cases, will guide you right. And I say this from my experience too.
I tried covering the basics here. There are definitely more ways to combat negativity according to the situations you face every day. Please feel free to share your experiences that you might have and also your ideas on the same. Hope you enjoyed reading! Wish you all a happy positive life 🙂